I’ve been nominated for my second Liebster Award!
Initially I was weary about posting a second Liebster Award blog, but I love its purpose and I genuinely have fun writing and reading other bloggers posts! To those of you who don’t know, the Liebster Awards are a fun way of supporting small blogs of 200 followers or less. It has also helped me get to know my fellow bloggers, and gives others a little insight into who I am (If you care at all).
First, I’d like to thank everydaychick for the nomination. I love her page and her writing ability. She can write about absolutely anything and make it enjoyable. My favourite post is Growing Pains. Her story inspired me, teaching me to always know my worth, personally and professionally. I definitely recommend checking her out!
The updated rules for 2016 are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word post on your favorite blog. (not your own.) Explain why this blog is your favorite and link to it.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for this award.
- List the rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link to their blogs.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
My favourite blogger is Behind the White Coat. She is at the blogging level I hope to achieve. She has been featured on Discover and Freshly Pressed, and for good reason. Her posts are a deep, raw look into the life of being a medical doctor. Her posts are often short but sharp. One of my favourite posts is Speak Up.
10 Random Facts About Me
- I hope to make writing more than a hobby. My dream job is to work for myself and write. I just don’t know where to begin.
- I like beer but it makes me sleepy.
- I spend most of my days at work dreaming up what I want to post on my blog page. 90% of my thoughts don’t make the cut.
- Often I miss my parents so much that I cry. They live on the other side of Canada. If I could see them right now, I’d hug them forever and tell them how much I love them.
- I still only have my Learner’s Permit (G1 if you’re Ontarian like me). I’m almost 25 and I still am learning to drive. I put it off for far too long but now I am finally practicing my driving and by the end of this summer, I will have my license. It’s my mission and my goal to do this for myself.
- My boyfriend and I have started growing some vegetables (yellow and green beans, chives, tomatoes). It’s a very small start as we just have a couple of planters on our patio, but it is so satisfying to watch something you created develop and grow.
- I love coffee cups. I have a couple “special” coffee cups that no one can use except for me. I’m a little crazy about my coffee.
- My ideal Sunday night is spent like this, writing a blog post on my couch while my doggie naps.
- Since moving to Vancouver, I’ve been loving oysters. I want to go to all of the oyster bars and try every variety of oyster there is. Nom.
- There’s so many hats I want to wear in my life. I want to write, I want to teach yoga, I want to have a few babies, and I want to travel the world. I hope I can squeeze it all in.
Everydaychick’s Questions for Me…
What is the one food you can’t stand? Pudding. The texture, the taste…BLEH!
When is the last time you embarrassed yourself? I embarrass myself on a daily basis, mostly because I’m not usually too aware of my surroundings. Off the top of my head: Recently my boyfriend and I were enjoying a bowl of popcorn and I absent-mindedly asked, “What is popcorn made out of?” Airhead moment.
What is your favorite genre to read? I’ve been loving Science Fiction lately, specifically anything Dystopian, or with focus on Artificial Intelligence, the development of technology and its pros and cons. I love the idea of writing Science Fiction as well, you can truly allow your imagination to run wild.
Who is your biggest blog supporter? I am very grateful to have supportive family and friends. My biggest supporter has been my sister. She reads all of my blog posts and always leaves thoughtful comments.
What age would you do over again? I would do 16 over again. I had such a happy and fun high school experience and I don’t think I really knew how lucky I was at the time. I was too self-conscious and too ungrateful for the wonderful things I had. If I could be 16 again, I would worry less and enjoy the moment more. I’m sure in 10 years I will be thinking the exact same thing about myself now.
What is your guilty pleasure? YouTube. When I have downtime, I’m usually binge-watching YouTube videos.
What is the best tv show of all time? Breaking Bad! The Office! Sex and the City! It depends on my mood.
What do you do to de-stress? Nap. Write.
What is your favorite recipe? I am not much of a cook, but my boyfriend cooks some amazing meals. Recently he did this chicken with brown sugar and God knows what else, but it was delish.
Who makes you laugh? My boyfriend, My dog Marley, my friends Julia and Kristen, to name a few.
“Most people don’t know that I _____” am an introvert. Well, I suppose more people know now that I’ve posted about it, but previous to my blogging about the topic, it wasn’t known to many. I have developed ways to overcome my introversion in many social situations, but sometimes I succumb to it whether I’d like to or not. I push myself to start conversations with colleagues even if I don’t know what to say. It’s the little things.
My Nominees Are…
My Questions for You
- Do you have a fear you’d like to overcome?
- Why did you start blogging? If you don’t already, would you like to write as a career?
- Best advice you’ve ever been given?
- What advice would you give to other small bloggers?
- What is your favourite memory?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- Have you read any great books or series recently?
- What is your remedy when you’re feeling down?
- Favourite broke meal? (Example- in University when I couldn’t afford proper meals, I ate an excessive amount of PB sandwiches.)
- Favourite show to binge-watch?